Student & Community Engagement Announces Events to Close Greek Week, Usher in Weekend
Posted by Nichole Johnson |
Friday, September 21, 2012
As Greek Week draws to a close, the Office of Student and Community Engagement has announced a host of upcoming events for students. Here are the highlights.
Friday, September 21 — Last night of Greek Week
- Humans vs. Zombies, 7 to 9 pm on Schaaf Lawn (and later campuswide). Can you stay human? Try your luck during this tag-based Greek Week activity. One organization will begin as zombies and attempt to "infect" other players. Zombies are distinguished by bandanas. When the game ends, the number of humans remaining will determine whether humans won or whether zombies took over the world — or campus, at least. The winning team will earn points toward an overall Greek Week victory.
- Ebony Brotherhood Association Night from 7 to 10:30 pm in the Mezz, located on the top floor of the Harry C. Moores Campus Center.
- TGIF Wii Party, 8 to 10 pm in the Mezz — Join us for the first of a new weekly event celebrating the start of the weekend. This week's TGIF will be a Nintendo Wii party.
Saturday, September 22
- Saturday Service: Keep Capital Beautiful, 9 to 11 am, campuswide — Volunteers will work on specific projects suggested by Capital's grounds crew to clean up campus. Meet in the Post Office Lobby of the Campus Center.
Friday, September 28
- Interfraternity Council and Intersorority Council formal recruitment: This opportunity for potential new members to meet our values-based fraternities and sororities.
- TGIF T-Shirt Decorating, 8 to 10 pm, in the Campus Center
For more information on any of those events, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.