Capital University's Safety Bulletin has been updated with information related to a suspicious person/vehicle in the area of Plymouth and Dawson avenues in Central Bexley, north of Capital's campus.
On Friday, April 11, at about 3:20 pm, Bexley Police received a call about a suspicious person. According to police, the caller reported that a heavyset black male, possibly in his 30s, driving a light green Kia with the license plate number of FBF5543, stopped and asked her for directions. The caller stated that she noticed that the male was committing a lewd act inside the vehicle as he spoke to her. Officers responded to the area within minutes, but did not find the vehicle. If you see a vehicle matching this description, call Bexley Police at 614-559-4444 or Capital Police at 614-236-6666.
You can also text a crime tip to Capital Police using EyeWitness, a free text-message crime reporting system connected directly to Capital University Police Dispatch. Standard text messaging rates apply, but there is no cost to use the system. Any time, day or night, you can use EyeWitness to text a crime tip to campus police. Here's how:
- Create a new contact on your mobile phone (Capital EyeWitness, for example) and enter the number 67283. Make it a Favorite for easy access if you want to.
- When sending a text message, start your message with "CUPD" and a space.
- After the space, type your text message.
- Hit "send" to send your text message directly to Capital police.
- Capital police may text back with a follow-up question to get more information.
You don't have to be on campus for it to work. Even if you live off campus and in Bexley, your crime tip will be shared with the appropriate police department.