• stud
Dining FAQ
  • Q: Can I really eat as much as I want?

    A: You can eat as many servings as you want of everything we serve in the Capital Court Dining Room. But we ask that you respect our three rules:

    1. Once you leave the dining area, do not re-enter it until the next meal period.
    2. Consume all your food and beverage item(s) inside the Capital Court.
    3. Take only one entree at a time and eat it before you return for seconds.

    The third rule was designed to help us minimize waste and keep meal prices as low as possible for you.

    Q: What if I forget my ID card?

    A: If you're a traditional student and forget to bring your card, you'll have to get a temporary card from the Office of Residence Life. If you're a commuter student, get a temporary card from the Dining Services office.

    Q: I'm going to be eating a lot of meals in the Capital Court over the next four years. How are you going to keep me from getting bored?

    A: We're always planning mouth-watering ways to surprise you. Every month, we organize theme meals and special culinary events to add variety to our already varied and ever-changing menu.

    Q: May I bring a guest to the dining room?

    A: You are always welcome to bring a friend, sibling or parent to dine in the Capital Court. Meal prices are posted by the cash register near the entrance. Your guest(s) can pay in cash; or, if you want to treat, you can pay for the extra meal(s) using your Capital Bucks, or a guest meal swipe on your Block Plan. 

    Q: How can I contact Dining Services at Capital?

    A: Contact us at (614) 236-7100 or just come up and talk to us in the dining room.

    Q: Which meal plan should I choose?

    A: All meal plans are good choices; however the 225 Block Plan and the $50 Capital Bucks are the best value. If you have additional questions or need help deciding on a meal plan, visit the Dining Services Office, we would be happy to help.

    Q: May I carry out food from the Capital Court?

    You may eat as much as you wish; however, if you choose to eat in the dining room, you are not allowed to carry out food. We do have a carry out option for those who do not have time to sit down and enjoy their meal. Please see our cashier for guidelines.

    Q: May I add more Capital Bucks to my plan during the semester?

    A: Yes, a minimum $50 purchase is required. Please keep in mind, Capital Bucks do expire at the end of the semester. To purchase Capital Bucks, please visit the Capital Bucks page or come into the Parkhurst offices located on the 2nd floor of the Harry C. Moores Student Union.

    Q: How do I change my meal plan?

    A: You can request a change to your meal plan online, by visiting the Residence Life and Housing page.