• academic - fac-student01
Guide to Getting Aid
  • We Can Help

    Our goal is to help you bridge the gap between your family contribution and the cost of your educational expenses. Nearly all Capital students receive some financial assistance.

    FAQ for Federal Aid.

    How to Get Aid

    Freshmen and Transfer Students | Undergraduate Students | Graduate Students | Adult and Continuing Education Students   

    Steps to Getting Aid

    Here’s what you need to do to apply for financial aid. Keep in mind filing early will generally provide you with the greatest access to all types of financial assistance. Look over our timeline for applications and decisions to know when you need to start planning your college finances.

    1. Apply for a PIN online with the U.S. Department of Education to complete your financial aid applications.

    2. Complete the FAFSA online before March 1 to be considered for all federal, state and Capital University assistance.

    3. Once we get the results of your FAFSA, we review the information as part of the U.S. Department of Education’s Quality Assurance Program. We’ll let you know if we need additional documents. If we contact you, make sure you respond quickly to ensure your aid is available for the upcoming term.

    4. Complete Entrance Counseling for Federal Loans
      Students receiving either Stafford or Perkins loans must complete loan entrance counseling online to ensure that you understand the conditions of your loan before you accept the funds.
      The federal government requires schools to provide you with information regarding your rights and responsibilities as a student loan borrower, and requires you to acknowledge that you have received and understand the information before any disbursement of loan funds can be made.

    5. Once you’ve complete entrance counseling, you need to sign a Master Promissory Note if you’re a Stafford or Perkins loan. This Note is your pledge to repay your federal loans.
    6. Complete the Payment and Billing Worksheet
      Each term, we’ll send you a payment adjustment and billing worksheet with your tuition bill. You need to complete and return the worksheet every term you are enrolled at Capital University. If you have questions about the Payment or Billing Worksheets, call (614) 236-6111 to talk to the Student Accounts Office.

    Important Information

    Quality Assurance and Verification | Entrance Counseling | Financial and Consumer Information


    Questions? We’re Here to Help.

    If you have questions about any of the information above, please call Capital's Financial Aid Office at 866-544-6175, extension 6111 or e-mail