Want to complete your bachelor's degree while still working?
Students suspend their bachelor’s degree education for different reasons — job opportunities, family needs and financial commitments, to name a few. But no matter what your reason, now could be the right time to resume your education and earn your bachelor’s degree. For over 40 years, Capital University has been the place to do just that for thousands of career professionals looking to advance their careers and prospects.
Whether you’re a few credits shy of a degree or need to start at the 100 level, advisers at Capital will help you find the quickest path to a diploma. Complete your degree in one of six majors, or create your own degree based on coursework you’ve completed and skills you want to learn.
Capital — an ideal fit for adult students.
Capital is a popular destination for many adults living in central Ohio who want to complete their bachelor’s degree. By choosing Capital, adult working professionals will find:
- Flexible schedules — with a wide variety of class offerings to choose from, you can juggle the demands of work, home and school by taking classes at your own pace.
- Small classes — join other working professional in classes of 10 to 20 students taught by a faculty whose academic training and professional backgrounds include roles as researchers, entrepreneurs and executives at Fortune 500 companies.
- Flexible majors and programming — you can complete your degree in one of our majors, or design your own major based on previous coursework and a mix of subject areas aligned with your professional and life goals.
- Dedicated counselors and advisors — admission counselors and academic advisors dedicated to adult students will guide you through the admission process and curriculum design to efficiently advance your career and personal interests.
- One-on-one tutoring — if you find yourself struggling with a class, take advantage of the free tutoring available to all Capital students.
- Affordable tuition — adult student tuition is set well below traditional student fees and is among the most affordable and competitive among universities in central Ohio. And be sure to check to see you qualify for tuition reimbursement through your employer.
- Credit for previous education and training — beyond obtaining credit for coursework completed at another university, you may also obtain credit for professional training and experience you acquired on the job.
Admission Requirements for Adult Bachelor's Degree Completion Students
To be admitted to the Adult Bachelor’s Degree Completion program, you need to
- Be 24 years of age or older, although in special circumstances, the minimum age requirement can be waived.
- Demonstrate a capacity for self-directed, self-managed learning.
- Have completed 30 semester hours of college credit from a regionally accredited institution with a minimum 2.5 GPA or have a high school diploma or GED with a 2.5 cumulative GPA or above.
How to Apply to the Bachelor’s Degree Completion Program
To apply to Capital in this program, you will need to follow these steps:
- Complete your online application.
- Have official transcripts from all institutions you have attended sent to:
Office of Admissions
1 College and Main
Columbus, OH 43209-2394
Capital will accept electronic transcripts from a third party transcription service. If your school offers this option, please have your transcript(s) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you are applying for financial aid, complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can find this form at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If using Employer Reimbursement, complete the Deferred Tuition Payment form and submit to the Finance Office.
Application Dates to Keep in Mind
Capital accepts students on a rolling basis as space is available. If accepted, you may enter at the beginning of the term for which you applied for. If you don’t enroll in the term for which you applied, you will need to re-apply after one year.
As you make plans, here are some general deadlines to keep in mind:
- To begin classes fall semester (August), submit your application materials by July 15
- To begin classes spring semester (January), submit your application materials by December 1
- To begin classes in summer semester (May), submit your application materials by April 15
Our size, personal attention, and commitment to your success allow us the flexibility to accept application materials after these deadlines. But it’s best to submit materials by recommended dates to enjoy the early attention and care your application deserves.
See for Yourself!
The best way for you to see if Capital is where you’d like to complete your bachelor’s degree is to visit campus personally. When you do, you’ll have an opportunity to meet one-on-one with an admissions counselor, talk to a professor, meet other students, sit in a class, see the campus and talk about where you are today and where you want to go. During your visit, you can learn out about Capital's academic support services, programs and majors, what classes you’ll need to take, how much it will cost, what financial aid you may qualify for and how to apply.
Schedule your visit today
Still Have Questions?
Do you need help planning your bachelor's degree completion program? Are you having trouble deciding on a major? If so, meet with one of our academic advisors to help you through the decision process.
They can help you learn more about adult education, including:
- What it takes to complete a bachelor's degree
- Things to think about when choosing a major
- Options for earning credit
- Negotiating the academic bureaucracies
If you have any questions or need help preparing your application materials, please call our Admission Office at 614-236-6101 or toll free at 866-544-6175 and get the answers you need.