We are excited to invite you to the 193rd Commencement Ceremony.
The 2023 commencement ceremony will take place on Saturday, May 20 in Gloria Dei Worship Center.
Thursday, May 18th
- 5:30-8:00 PM - Capstone Retreat Dinner (M.Div. graduates only)
Friday, May 19
- 9:30 AM - 12:30 PM - Capstone Retreat (M.Div. graduates only)
- 1:00 PM - 1:30 PM - Choir Rehearsal
- 1:30 PM - 2:00 PM - Eucharist Walkthrough
- 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM - Class Photo and Ceremony Walkthrough
Saturday, May 20
- 10:30 AM - Holy Eucharist (Gloria Dei)
- 11:30 AM - Luncheon (Fred Meuser Courtyard)
- 1:00 PM - Commencement Ceremony (Gloria Dei)
To ensure plenty for all, everyone planning on attending the luncheon needs to RSVP by Thursday, May 11th and prepayment is required. Lunch is $10 per person (ages 3 and under is free). Additionally, lunch is available at no cost to graduates, faculty, and staff, though RSVP is required.
Additional Guest Information
Trinity Lutheran Seminary at Capital University looks forward to celebrating our graduating students and ensuring that we celebrate in a safe and responsible fashion. We invite all guests to assess their own personal risks when considering attending the ceremony. Currently, masks are not required. However, Capital remains a mask-friendly university and supports all who choose to continue to wear a mask. Please note these requirements are subject to change based on state, county, city, and campus policies.
Directions to Campus
The seminary's address is 2199 E Main Street, Columbus, OH 43209. For detailed directions, please see below.
- Guest Parking– All guests have access to all F and S parking lots on campus, but we suggest parking in the F7 and S8 lots for easy access to the Seminary. Please see map here (PDF).
- Handicap Parking – There are several accessible parking spaces in the F7 and S8 lots and handicap access on the lower level of the seminary. There is also an elevator located down the hall on the left of the lower level.
For Graduating Students:
Students have until Friday, January 27, 2023 to complete the graduation application in myCAP. After January 27, 2023 if you have not applied for graduation, you will need to contact the Registrar's Office for assistance at email@example.com or 614-236-6150.
All prospective graduates will be required to complete the following
- Application for graduation received by registrar
- Required coursework
- Official transcripts
- Any other materials related to completion of the degree
Those that have completed the above requirements may receive their diplomas at the commencement ceremony. Students who complete degree requirements and graduated in summer or fall terms are also eligible to participate in the commencement ceremony.
All bills and fees must be paid prior to graduation. If your account is not completely cleared by graduation, neither diplomas nor transcripts will be issued. Contact the Financial Aid Office at 614-236-6216 with questions.
Graduation regalia is available to order through Oak Hall and will not be listed on the Capital Bookstore website. You may access Oak Hall here. Regalia may be shipped to your home or the Capital University Bookstore. If shipping to your home, place your order by 4/2/23. If shipping to the bookstore, place your order by 3/19/23. Pickup is available at the bookstore beginning the week of April 27.
If you prefer, you may opt-out of purchasing a hood and instead borrow a hood from the seminary. Seminary-owned hoods will be available to borrow prior to the ceremony. Please make arrangements with AJ Minney (firstname.lastname@example.org) to borrow a hood.