Ordering Transcripts Online
Capital University is pleased to provide electronic and postal mail transcript services through its partnership with Parchment Exchange. We encourage you to place your transcript orders online as this is the easiest and most efficient way to order a traditional paper transcript or the new electronic transcript delivery.
Parchment Exchange will notify us of your request; we will review your academic and student account records for accuracy; and then we'll submit your record to Parchment Exchange for the delivery method of your choice.
- Electronic transcripts are convenient and efficient, but there are some things you should keep in mind when requesting them:
- Before you request an electronic PDF transcript, it's your responsibility to verify that the recipient will accept delivery of the electronic PDF transcript.
- Official transcripts are generally required for admission to a college or university and for employment purposes. Before requesting that a transcript be sent to you, confirm that the employer or college/university will accept a transcript as "official" if it's delivered by you and not by the University through Parchment Exchange.
- Electronic transcripts can be downloaded for 30 days from date of issue.
- If you have an outstanding balance, Capital's Student Accounts Office likely will block the release of your transcript. Students must resolve this hold by contacting Student Accounts at 614-236-6123 before the transcript can be released.
Online Request through Parchment Exchange
Follow these simple steps to place an online request for transcripts through Parchment Exchange:
- Go to Capital University's page on the Parchment Exchange website and register or log in if you're a returning user.
- Follow the prompts to place your transcript order, including delivery options and fees.
- Choose where you want to send your transcript.
- Confirm that the details of the recipient's address are correct.
- View shopping cart and continue to shop or proceed to check out.
- Provide consent for the University to release your transcripts. The Federal Education Rights and Privacy Act requires your consent.
- Proceed to Step 5 — Payment — and enter credit card information. Review your order, and check out.
- Note: If an attachment is needed to be added to a transcript order, the transcript request must be placed as a "pick-up" order.
Now that you've completed your online transcripts order, here are a few details to keep in mind:
- Remember, not all institutions accept electronic transcripts. Be sure to check with your institution to ensure acceptance of electronic transcripts.
- You can download up to six transcripts per order.
- If you want to send one set of transcripts immediately and hold another set to be sent at a future time, you will need to place two separate orders.
- This service is available to you 24/7.
- Order updates will be emailed to you.
- You can check the status of your order or your order history online.
- Your credit card will only be charged after your order has been completed.
- All charges are non-refundable.
Online request transcript fee
Effective August 1, 2019, electronic transcripts are $10 per transcript, and paper transcripts are $12 per transcript. You may order a transcript for overnight delivery at an additional cost. This service may not be available to individuals who have not been enrolled for 10 or more years or for requests received when the University is closed for the weekend, for break or because of extreme weather. See Parchment Exchange's website for overnight service details.
- Transcripts may be still be obtained in person at the Registrar’s Office at a fee of $15.
Problems with your Parchment Exchange order?
Contact Parchment Exchange Support for a list of frequently asked questions (and answers) about the registration or ordering process, or for user interface issues.
Request in Person
Capital University offers students the opportunity to purchase official transcripts in person at the Registrar’s Office during office hours. In-person orders will be available immediately or mailed within 48 hours for a fee of $15 per transcript. During peak registration and grading times, in-person orders may take up to five working days for processing.
All transcripts picked up will be stamped “Issued to the Student.” Photo ID is required when picking up in person.
Capital University follows all guidelines set forth in the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (1974).
Current students on scholarships may need transcripts for attendance and grade point average verification. The fee for these transcripts may only be waived when ordered in person at the Registrar’s Office and mailed by Capital to the agency awarding the scholarship. For any further information or help, please contact Capital University at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 614-236-6150.
Law School Alumni
Capital law transcripts can be obtained by contacting the Law School Records Office.
Trinity Lutheran Seminary Alumni
Trinity Lutheran Seminary alumni can order transcripts by following the above instructions for Parchment Exchange. For any further information or help, please contact Capital University at email@example.com or by calling 614-236-6150.