Work Study Job Details
Academic Technology Assistant I
Basic skills required with training provided.
Pay Rate: $10.10
The Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is searching for a dependable self-starter to serve as the Academic Technology Assistant. The position of Academic Technology Assistant performs many diverse duties at Capital University. This position will assist with duties surrounding technologies such as iLearn, Echo360, AdobeConnect, TurningPoint Clickers, Turnitin.com, and new technologies as they are implemented. While this position will be housed in the CELT office there will be significant duties that will be performed outside of the office including making scheduled rounds in faculty office buildings.
• Providing prompt and courteous assistance regarding academic technologies to faculty, staff, and students via phone, email, and in-person interactions
• Assisting with the writing of technical help documentation and maintenance of the library of help documentation
• Testing new academic technologies, including upgrades to current systems, for bugs and changes
• Documenting activities regarding support given and issues found with academic technologies
• Assisting training services such as workshops, departmental outreach sessions, and one on-one trainings
• Helping around the CELT and IT offices with general administrative duties. Note: the extent of these duties may vary at different times of the year
• Other duties as assigned
• Strong written and verbal skills
• Exceptional customer service
• Keen ability to work with diverse populations
• Technical literacy including basic computer usage and Microsoft Office Suite
• Some experience with graphic programs, video editing software, and Macintosh computers is a plus
• Inquisitive outlook in regards to technology usage and a passion for hunting out hidden problems
• Detail and deadline orientated
• Strong team player that can work independently at times
• Self-sufficient and proactive with assigned projects
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter, and technical writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note on Technical Writing Sample: Please submit a document outlining a technical process no longer than 2 pages with screenshots or photographs. This document should outline a simple technical process such as signing up for an online account or uploading a video.