Work Study Job Details
Entry level with basic skills required
Pay Rate: $9.30
• Assists WFF’s Operations Coordinator with preparing rooms for meetings, events and conferences including the set-up and tear-down of equipment such as tables, chairs, Audio Visual, and more.
• Deliver audio-visual equipment to be used at scheduled meetings, events and conferences
• Monitors conferences and events, troubleshoots and resolves technical and non-technical issues that may arise during the event as needed.
• Provides assistance to clients during event ensuring that all needs are met.
• Set-up audio visual equipment (including but not limited to projectors, screens, sound system, microphone) for events and ensure they are working prior to client arrival. Remain at venue until event is under way to make sure client has no problems with equipment when needed.
• Instruct and assist client in initial use of equipment as necessary.
• Disassemble audio visual equipment and return equipment to storage areas.
• Assists WFF’s Operations Coordinator with maintenance and tracking of equipment and supplies.
• Attends and participates in internal staff meetings, training sessions, and workshop opportunities as needed.
• Evening and weekend availability – you are responsible for communicating your hours to the Director of Meeting and Event Services.
• Work approximately 10-15 hours per week
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Be reliable, punctual, flexible and willing to assist with a variety of tasks as requested
• Be organized, detail oriented and resourceful, with good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Work in a diverse environment (personalities, nationalities and thoughts) while remaining respectful and responsive to each member of our staff.
• Have basic knowledge of technology and audio visual
• Excellent interpersonal skills with emphasis on customer service.
• Be familiar with Capital’s campus.
• Must be able to work evenings and weekend hours.
• Work mandatory dates and events such as but not limited to week of Commencement, Alumni and Homecoming Weekends
• Be able to notify supervisor at least 24 hours in advance if unable to work a particular shift.
• Dress appropriately (protective footwear – no open toed shoes)
• Be able to sit, stand, and walk for a minimum of 3 hours and be able to lift and carry a minimum of 50 lbs.
• Understand that management reserves the right to terminate a position with reasonable cause
Students hired for this position will assist the Meeting & Events Department with set-up and tear-down of meetings, special events and conferences. Student employees will provide exemplary customer service to the campus community and guests in a professional, courteous, and efficient manner. This position reports to the Director of Meeting and Event Services.
This position requires tact, patience, a calm demeanor, and exemplary manners. Appropriate language and behavior are not only expected but required.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a work study student eligible employment position. Also, students hired for these positions will be expected to sign an agreement of understanding regarding the above requirements.
Please forward your interest along with your resume to Era McMahon, Director of Meeting and Event Services, firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you!