Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) at Capital University embodies our institutional values to:
- cultivate open dialogue and critical exploration,
- act in pursuit of human dignity and social justice,
- use multiple perspectives to create new knowledge and solutions,
- develop and apply the innate gifts of each person for the good of society,
- celebrate an empowering, faith-friendly environment of inclusion and respect, and
- nurture joy in our daily experience and optimism for a better future.
Capital’s DEI work addresses both systemic and interpersonal acts of implicit and explicit bias and discrimination. Learn more about Capital’s commitment to creating an environment that fosters diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 2021 Strategic Plan (PDF)
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion 2021 Strategic Plan Action Items and Progress – this will be updated periodically as we implement the action items (PDF)
- DEI Affinity and Work Group Charters (PDF)
- LGBTQIA Affinity Group Charter (PDF)
- Human Resources Policies (Employees)
- Office of Diversity and Inclusion (Students)
- Student Resource Guide*
- Bias Incident Reporting Protocol
- You can provide feedback about diversity, equity, and inclusion at Capital University via our online form.
*Student Resource Guide has contact information for Accessibility Services, Academic Advising, Academic Success, Blackmore Library, Bookstore, Campus Ministries, Cap Cupboard, Career Development, Center for Global Education, Center for Health and Wellness, Dining Services, Office of Diversity and Inclusion, Financial Aid, Information Technology, Intramurals, Mail Services, Public Safety, Registrar, ROTC, Residential and Commuter Life, Schumacher Gallery, Student Accounts, Student and Community Engagement, Student Success, and Title IX and Sexual Harassment.