Capital University Oral History Project
Every member of the Capital Family has a story to tell. What memory would you like captured and shared?
Each experience is unique and memorable. These experiences will be captured in a physical book that celebrates the alumni of Capital University for years to come! Some questions that inspire your story could be:
- Did a professor or staff member have a profound influence on your life?
- How have your college relationships blossomed into lifelong friendships?
- Did you participate in a student organization or athletic team in a meaningful way?
- Do you credit your professional success to lessons learned at Capital?
- Is there a Capital legacy that has threaded generations in your family?
- Are you the first in your family to pursue an educational experience at Capital, laying the path for future family or loved ones?
Capital has partnered with Publishing Concepts (PCI) for the stewardship of this project. PCI associates will listen to your story and transcribe it for the publication. PCI will also verify your contact information so we can update our records for future alumni connections, events, and communication. Your information has not and will not be shared with any outside marketer or for any other purpose than the Capital University Oral History Project.
Am I required to purchase anything?
No. You are not required to purchase anything to share your story for the project. PCI will provide the opportunity to reserve a physical volume of the completed Capital University Oral History Project for purchase. The sales of these physical books is what supports the funding of the project, which is being completed at no cost to Capital University.
Be on the lookout for postcard and email communication coming from the PCI team with instructions on how to participate. At that point, you will be able to share your information and can expect the physical volume to arrive in the fall of 2024.
Frequently Asked Questions
We have partnered with PCI (also known as Publishing Concepts) to produce an Oral History Publication for Capital University. PCI is a family owned business based in Dallas, TX that has published directories for educational institutions, fraternities, sororities, and military organizations across the nation for over 100 years. This project allows us to hear about your personal experiences from your time at Capital University and how the school helped to shape your life since then. And, while we have you on the phone, we want to make sure your contact information is up to date.
Yes, in a few different ways:
- Updated Information – allows us to effectively communicate with and engage alumni
- Legacy – sharing and collecting stories preserves the history of our school
- Pride – wearing apparel shows support and love for our school
PCI is committed to protecting your information. The names, addresses and information provided to PCI for the publication of the Oral History Project will be held confidential by PCI, except to the extent that they are utilized in, or in the preparation of, the Oral History Project and except as required by court order or law.
- If you have received a postcard or an email with a telephone number, you may call the number to speak with a dedicated representative for the Oral History Project. The representative will verify the information we have on file for you, make any updates where needed, and then ask you to share your story about your time at Capital University. Your story will be recorded and the sound clip provided to Capital University at the conclusion of the project.
- If you have received an email with an embedded link, you may go to the online site to review your information and submit a story.
- If you did not receive a postcard or email, you may call the dedicated Capital University update line at 1-866-258-3195.
- If you are living internationally or are unable to call the update line, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
If you would like to participate and are Deaf/Hard of Hearing, please email email@example.com. PCI will send you a personalized link for you to share your written story and photo.
The only information that is included in the publication is your name, class year and degree, along with your story and photo. No contact information is printed. When you call to update your contact information, it will only be used to update your alumni record for the school/alumni association. You may revoke consent for your story and/or photo to appear any time before 03/22/2024 by contacting PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can call back at any time before 03/22/2024 to share your story.
You will receive an email with a link to upload one photo (black and white or color) plus a caption.
If you have also purchased a book but do not have an email address on file, you will be sent a photo mailer to send a physical photo in to be printed (note: the photo will be returned if you include a self-addressed, stamped envelope).
The Capital University Oral History Publication is available for sale only to Capital University alumni.
There are several packages available that can be chosen. Prices are shown below and describes the contents of each package.
The total duration of the Oral History Project is about 12 months. Since we began the project in September 2023, the books will be distributed in September 2024.
Contact PCI’s customer service helpdesk at 1-800-982-1590 and they will take care of this for you.
If you have any questions regarding the project, you can reach out to the PCI Customer Service Desk at 1-800-982-1590 or by emailing email@example.com.