Math Placement Test
Please read all of the following guidelines and instructions carefully before beginning the exam. If you are having difficulty taking the test, please see our troubleshooting directions.
- All students are required to take Part 1 of the placement exam. Depending on how you score on Part 1, you may also take Part 2. Part 2 is used to determine readiness for Calculus 1.
- You can only take the test one time.
- You may use only a calculator or graphing calculator, pencil and paper.
- You may not use books, the internet, or get assistance from others. Remember, this test helps determine which class you will be taking, and you don't want to end up in a class for which you're not prepared.
- Each exam has 25 questions. You will have 45 minutes to take each exam, and you must finish in 45 minutes. You cannot return to the test later by using the "quit and save" option.
- You can return to a previous question and change your answer provided you are still within the 45 minute time limit. After you answer the first question, click on the "Next" link near the top of the page.
- There is no penalty for incorrect answers.
- Your score will be recorded and we will have your placement ready when complete your summer advising. Unfortunately, we won't be able to give you your score before then.
- The purpose of the test is for placement purposes only. No credit will be awarded based on your exam score.
- Click on the Start Placement Exam button below. The test will open in a new window. It will be helpful to keep this page open in case you have questions about taking the exam.
- Log in with the username and password provided to you. Click on the Math Placement Exam link to enter the class, and then click on Placement Exam under the Assignments menu to begin the test. Remember, from this point you have 90 minutes to complete the exam.
- If you experience technical difficulties with your computer while taking the exam, please close your browser, immediately return to the placement exam and log in again. A window may appear warning about having multiple active sessions. Click "OK." Click on the placement test again and you will be able to continue.
- When you are done, click "Submit Assignment" near the bottom of the page. If you have unanswered questions, you'll be able to go back and answer them. Once your exam has been graded, click Quit and Save and log out.
Forgot your password? You will be directed to a new page asking for the e-mail address associated with your account. Use the e-mail address you supplied to the Admission Office to retrieve your password.
If you're still having problems, send an email to email@example.com with a detailed description of your problem and we'll get back to you as soon as possible.