Adult and Graduate Admission Essays
Please give your essay the time and reflection necessary to address the questions provided, being attentive to both content and style
Respond to one of the following questions in an essay of no more than 500 words:
- Describe a substantial accomplishment in your life that illustrates the qualities you will bring to the Capital MBA program, and what you learned from this experience.
- or -
- Describe a significant challenge in your life that illustrates the qualities you will bring to the Capital MBA program, and what you learned from this experience.
Essay Answer (choose one)
- Why do you want to pursue a masters' degree in Education at Capital University?
- How does your philosophy of education align with the mission and vision of the Education Department at Capital University?
- How will a master's degree from the Education Department at Capital University help you advance your career and personal goals?
Master of Arts in Education - School Counseling Emphasis OR Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling:
Why are you interested in pursuing a (Master of Arts in Education - School Counseling Emphasis)(Master of Arts in Clinical Mental Health Counseling)?
What draws you to this profession/career?
What is your primary reason for wanting to teach?
What are some characteristics you think make a good teacher and which of those do you possess?
Why have you chosen Capital University to complete your licensure program?
- What is your motivation or reasoning to pursue a second degree in Nursing?
- What are your future goals in the nursing field?
- Why Capital?
Submit a 1 to 2 page summary that addresses a specific vision for your future and how an advanced nursing degree will support your goals. Please incorporate
- the strengths you currently bring to your practice,
- a clinical situation you wish to improve, and
- why you have chosen Capital University
Submit a 200-300 word writing sample (typed) with your application summarizing your current competencies and skills, reason(s) for seeking graduate education, and areas of competency you wish to enhance in graduate school.
Capital City Teacher Residency Program:
In a written or video format, please tell us about your passion for teaching, where it stems from and what experiences you have had that drove you to teaching. Then, tell us your vision for your future classroom.