Students are now able to apply for summer housing online. Summer housing is available to:
- Students enrolled in summer undergraduate classes at Capital University
- Students enrolled in the MMME program
- Current Capital University students employed in the Columbus area for the summer. (Employment verification must be provided with your application)
- Capital International Students.
- Capital students experiencing housing insecurity or homelessness
- Capital students with special circumstances.
Applications should be submitted by Friday, April 15, 2022 via the “2022: Summer Housing Application”. Students will be approved on a case-by-case basis and receive notification via email.
- All effort will be made to place students scheduled to live in the neighborhood for FALL 2022 into their fall assignments. Please note that given the current situation, in some cases this may not be possible
- Undergraduates not living in the Neighborhood will be placed in Neighborhood housing for the summer.
- Summer Housing Rates : $140 per week
Summer Housing Timeline
- Move-in: Saturday and Sunday, May 20-22 (anticipated)
Students will be moved as spaces become available, with priority given to those transitioning out of the traditional residence halls.
- Move-out: (transition to Fall housing): August 5-7. (anticipated)
The above dates are subject to change based on unit availability. Our Residential Life and Facilities teams will do our best to ensure that units are prepared as timely as possible.
All summer housing residents will be added to the extended stay list and remain in their spring housing assignment until their summer placement is ready.
Additionally, please note that Facilities may need access to your space to complete necessary repairs throughout the summer, as summer is the primary time for completing maintenance in University housing. Notice will be given of the work needing completed in advance. Projects will be ongoing on campus throughout residential facilities. We will do our best to ensure impact on your experience is minimal.
Master of Music or Kodaly Summer Program
Applications should be submitted by Friday, May 27, 2022 via the “2022: Summer Housing Application”.
Housing Placement will be in the Capital University Apartments (located at 2130 Astor Ave.)
- Learn more about the CU Apartments
- All apartments are 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom. Residents will have a private room, but share the apartment with another MMME student.
- The summer rate for MMME students is: $281 (per person/per week)
Session 1Move-in: Saturday and Sunday, June 19-20-
Move-out: Saturday and Sunday, July 10-11
Session 2Move-in: Saturday and Sunday, July 10-11
Move-out: Saturday and Sunday, July 31-August 1
Summer Housing Policies, Procedures & Expectations
Residents must complete a proper check-in as directed in your summer housing confirmation letter. Upon check-out, the room must be returned to the original clean condition. An apartment inventory and assessment will be completed prior to your arrival. Your keys must be returned as directed by the Residential Life Staff.
The Capital University Student Code of Conduct is intended to promote community standards and foster the development of self-directed, responsible citizens.
The University is not responsible for loss, damage, or destruction of personal property. Purchasing or arranging for personal property insurance coverage is the resident's responsibility.
The Office of Residential and Commuter Life may terminate your contract after serving the resident with a written notice to vacate the premises, take possession thereof for the following reasons: 1) Non-compliance with University policies, residence hall policies and procedures, local, federal and state laws where applicable, 2) Damage from fire, smoke, or other causes making the premises uninhabitable.
We understand that you might still have questions, and we're here with answers! Reach out to Residential & Commuter Life:
If you need assistance from staff at anytime over break contact RCL-24/7 at (614) 236-7213