Center for Excellence in Learning & Teaching
The mission of Capital University’s Center for Excellence in Learning and Teaching (CELT) is to use the scholarship of teaching and learning (SOTL) to support transformative student learning by providing education and resources to faculty and staff.
CELT does this by
- Supporting innovative pedagogies, digital pedagogy and instructional design,
- Providing faculty and staff mentoring and development,
- Promoting high quality, evidence-based experiential learning, and
- Facilitating curriculum/program development and assessment.
While CELT’s formal location is Ruff Learning Center, the Center draws upon expertise from across campus to assist staff and faculty in transforming student learning.
- Andrea M. Karkowski – Faculty and Staff Mentoring and Development and SOTL
- Keirsten Moore – Curriculum and Program Development
- Daniel Parker – Academic Technology
Behavioral and Mental Health Endorsement
Wellness is an important part of student success, and colleges and universities across the country are realizing the increasing prevalence of behavioral and mental health issues on campus. With this in mind, CELT offers a Behavioral and Mental Health Endorsement that helps faculty and staff become familiar with the campus resources available; clarify their role in promoting student, faculty, and staff wellness; and develop strategies for self-care.