Skip to nav Skip to content

Transferring College Credit


Once you're accepted, we will review the official college transcripts for course equivalency. You will receive a copy of the degree audit which will list the General Education Courses that transfer along with a list of all courses that transfer. A faculty advisor will determine how the courses apply to the degree, so you should contact the Admission office to schedule a meeting with a faculty advisor to find out how your major classes transfer and how long it will take to complete your degree.


  • Capital will award college credit for all courses successfully completed at a regionally accredited college or university, except for developmental level courses.
    • Credit will be granted on a semester-equivalent basis for courses successfully completed with a grade of C- or better, unless the student has received an associate's or bachelor's degree at that institution. In those cases, all courses (D or higher) going toward the degree shall transfer. The acceptance of credits toward Capital's degree program requires the approval of the program in which the student enrolls.
  • The department chair/academic advisor for the program in which you enroll must approve the acceptance of these credits toward a degree program.
  • To receive a major from Capital University you must complete 12 semester hours in the major in residence at Capital University. No student may be awarded a major by a department or college unless core requirements of the college in which that major is located are met.


Capital University has articulation agreements with the following institutions:


If you would like to explore how your individual courses and credits transfer to Capital University from another institution, please use the button below to explore our transfer equivalency guides or emailĀ

View Guides

Don't see your courses on the guide? Don't worry! Reach out to to ask about any courses not listed.


Check how your courses transfer in and out from Capital University through Transferology, a free multi-state online tool for students and advisors, to determine course equivalencies, program requirements, and applicability of coursework when transferring.

If you are interested in transferring credits, you are encouraged to create a Transferology account so you can:

  • Add or import your coursework
  • Find out how your courses might transfer
  • Find out how your courses apply to your program of study and other programs
  • Create future coursework and program scenarios

Create Your Transferology Account

  1. Visit the Transferology website
  2. Click on "Get Started"
  3. Enter your information for "Create an Account"
  4. Record your user ID (email address you used to create the account) and password in a safe place

Transferology Tips

As a student, when you enter courses in your Transferology account you will be able to view matches for colleges and universities that participate in Transferology. Colleges and universities are ranked by the percentage of coursework they accept in transfer - you may focus the results with a number of handy filters and sorts, including how your courses transfer in to a specific program of study at another college or university.

Matches: Indicates the specific courses you may be awarded after transferring, providing you have earned a grade that is passing and high enough for specific program requirements.

Indicates courses that will not transfer or courses that will transfer if you take additional coursework (shown in gray).

These are courses that have not been reviewed yet by Capital to determine transferability. Feel free to email if you have questions about non-equated transfer course consideration.

After reviewing how courses transfer in to Capital, you can view how these courses might apply toward a degree or program of study option. You can request information about specific programs and/or coursework that has not yet been evaluated.