There are a number of payment strategies for meeting your remaining costs at Capital. Read about each one and decide which is best for you.
Lowest Monthly Payment Option
Federal Parent Loan
Lowering your monthly costs generally means borrowing. The Federal Parent Loan (PLUS) is one of the most advantageous loans around. It has a fixed interest rate of 7.9 percent and requires no collateral.
You can borrow all of your out-of-pocket costs, or just a portion. Best of all, payments can be extended up to 10 years (longer in some circumstances). Minimum repayment is $50 monthly, but you can even reduce your payment to $0!
Alternative Educational Loans
Alternative educational loans may have unique advantages for your personal circumstances also are available.
Capital University issues two bills per year, prior to the beginning of each semester. Pay the amount due directly to Capital and you are done. For example, if your net remaining costs were $5,000, you would pay $2,500 for each semester.
Capital Pay Plan
Capital Pay Plan provides an option to help students and families manage college costs by dividing tuition and other expenses into smaller payments.
All students will access Capital Pay Plan through the myCap self-service portal under the Student Finances tab. For your convenience, current balance and other account information will be available 24/7 through your Capital Pay Plan account.
How Does It Work
Capital Pay Plan payments follows the academic calendar. Tuition and fee payments are made in equal installments using the following schedule. Payments are based on the current semester balance and will update and adjust if financial aid or other fee amounts change.
- Spring semester = 4 payments (January – April)
- Summer semester = 3 payments (May – July)
- Fall semester = 4 payments (August – November)
- Payment plans can be set-up for current semester balances only. Prior balances should be paid separately through the Student Accounts Office.
- Capital Pay Plan does not allow for pre-scheduled payments. Students will be notified in the myCap service portal when payments are due. Family members wishing to have access to Capital Pay Plan must be given proxy access by student in myCap.