Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. We recommend adhering to the following schedule, though application review and admission will continue beyond these dates as space permits:
Accelerated BSN Daytime Track and Hybrid Track Application Deadlines
- March 15 (priority deadline for application and all required forms)
- June 1 (final deadline for application and all required forms)
- Next Cohort begins in August 2021
Nursing Admission Requirements
Capital University Accelerated BSN Program - Possible Courses for Prerequisite Requirement
*Prerequisites will be accepted from all accredited institutions if the institution meets suggested requirements
The conditional acceptance status may be offered if the applicant, who meets all admission criteria and is in the final process of completing prerequisite courses or baccalaureate degree.
- Eligibility for conditional acceptance depends on:
- The applicant's GPA going into the final prerequisite courses, including academic strength in other prerequisite courses taken, particularly the sciences;
- The number of prerequisites remaining to be taken; and
- Successful completion of the prerequisite courses.
International applicants meet the same admission criteria as do U.S. applicants. In addition, international applicants must submit an official TOEFL or IELT score that has been taken within a year of submitting an application to this program. A World Education Services (WES) transcript evaluation is required. Acceptable TOEFL scores are 600 (paper) or 100 (internet based). A IELTS score of 7.5 is appropriate for this program. Capital's TOEFL code is 1099.
Important: International Students can only apply for the regular on-campus delivery option.
The following are the requirements for admission to the Nursing Accelerated BSN Program. Please review the criteria and the admission procedures before completing your application.
- A completed baccalaureate or higher degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Cumulative 3.0 GPA and an average 2.75 GPA in microbiology, human anatomy, human physiology and organic/biochemistry. Applicants who don't meet these criteria will be reviewed for admission on a case-by-case basis.
- Prerequisites may be completed at any U.S. accredited college or university. All prerequisites must be completed by end of semester prior to the semester you are taking classes at Capital.
- Life Span Development (must encompass conception through death of human)- Will accept one course or compilation of courses
The below listed courses need to be completed in the last five years:
- Chemistry: one semester of biological chemistry or two semesters of general chemistry
- Human Anatomy: course containing lab hours
- Human Physiology: course containing lab hours
The Accelerated Bachelor of Science and Nursing (ABSN) program is grounded in the humanities as well as the sciences, but it is essential that knowledge of human anatomy, human physiology, biological chemistry and microbiology is current. If the applicant is currently working in a health care or science field that requires frequent, current use of the sciences required as prerequisites, the applicant may ask for a waiver of the 5-year requirement. A waiver request requires detailed information regarding the applicant’s field of employment and the method by which the applicant has remained current in science content in microbiology, biological chemistry, human anatomy, and/or human physiology. The decision of the ABSN Admissions Committee is final in this matter.