Natural gas leaks represent a probable hazard to persons or property and require immediate repair or continuous action until the conditions are no longer hazardous. Natural gas is by nature colorless and odorless. The odor of gas commonly takes the form of rotten eggs.
Steps to Follow
- Evacuate the building immediately.
- Do not light fires/cigarettes, and do not operate electrical appliances/light switches/phones as these may act as points of ignition.
- Once in a safe area, contact DPS at 614-236-6666.
- The CIMT and CIRT Coordinator will be notified of the gas leak if it involves a large area of campus or poses an immediate health and safety concern.