Explosions may be the result of an accident or the intentional actions of an individual or group. They can cause damage to buildings or property, and unfortunately can cause injury or death.
Steps to Follow
- Immediately take cover under tables, desks or other objects that will give protection from falling glass or debris.
- Report the incident as soon as possible to Public Safety at 614-236-6666; give your name, location and nature of the damages.
- If necessary, or directed to do so, activate the building alarm.
- When the building evacuation alarm sounds or when told by authorized officials to leave the building, do so by following established procedures.
- DPS will set up a perimeter around the blast site and provide traffic control for responding medical/rescue personnel, as staffing allows.
Notification of the family of the injured will be handled as follows:
- Faculty and Staff - Human Resources
- Students - Office of the Vice President and Dean of Students
The University’s response to all press inquires regarding explosions will be coordinated through the office of Media Relations and Communications.