A suspicious package may have the following characteristics:
- Abnormal sounds
- Poorly handwritten or typed addresses
- Misspelling of common words
Steps to Follow
- DO NOT CHANGE OR TOUCH ANYTHING, including using the phone, turning lights, computers, etc. on/off. Leave everything as it is.
- Verbally notify others in close proximity that they should evacuate.
- Under no circumstances should students, staff, or faculty touch a suspected bomb.
- Do not use your cellphone (cellphones can serve as a radio trigger for some homemade bombs)
- If in a room, evacuate the room and prevent others from entering.
- Once evacuated to more than 500 feet away, contact Capital University Department of Public Safety.